Our Building Process
At DaVinci Homes, you play a very active role every step of the way. We have found that the more you know about the process, the more enjoyable the process becomes.We have outlined a more simplified description of the process to provide you with some details. Please contact Faizan or Naheed if you would like to discuss your unique vision and our building process in person.Foundation StageThe first step in the building process is laying a foundation – the structure the house is built on. This involves:Excavation- The building hole is excavated so the cribbing can be placed for the foundation.
Cribbing and Concrete Work- Wooden forms to pour the foundation into are created. – See more at: http://davinciurbano.com/our-building-process#sthash.Lew1t4s9.dpuf
- The weeping tile, a moisture barrier, is installed.
- The concrete for the footing is poured. Once the footing dries, wall forms are built.
- The ladder, a wooden structure on which walls are built, is placed in the forms. Concrete is poured into the forms to embed the ladder.
Framing- The basic timber structure of the house is built, including floor joists; roofs; walls; ceilings and beams.
- Windows and exterior doors are installed.
- The garage door is installed.
- Stone surface counter top
- Rough-In – Heating, electrical and plumbing rough-ins are completed. This includes water lines; lighting; central vacuum; television cable; telephone lines; fireplace; furnace and exhaust fan rough-ins.
- Basement is leveled and graveled, and a sheet of polethylene is placed on the floor. Concrete is poured on top.
- Garage, walkway and driveway are leveled and graveled.
- A gridwork of steel is placed on the gravel, to reinforce the concrete. Concrete is then poured on top.
- Roof shingles are installed.
- We install the vinyl siding or stucco, soffits for the underhang of the roof, fascia to cover the corners, eaves, battens for the perimeter of the window, and downspouts.
- Exterior stairs and railings are installed.
- Insulation and drywall – Fiberglass batt insulation is installed on exterior and interior walls and the roof. The walls are then covered with half-inch drywall and metal corners.
Drywall is screwed, taped and sanded. The ceiling is textured.
- First stage – Walls are primed.
First Stage- Casing is installed around windows and doors.
- Doors are hung and the fireplace is finished.
- The sub-floor for the linoleum and K-3 for tiles is installed.
- Installation – Cabinets and countertops are installed in the bathrooms and kitchen.
Choosing an ideal location is vital in fulfilling your needs and wants in terms of neighbourhood, proximity to work and schools. We can lend a hand from analysis to selection of your home site.The next step is to design your home. We will provide you a brain storming work sheet before you meet with our exclusive design team. With your input, our design team will create a conceptual plan based on your requirements.At this point a proposed budget will be presented to you according to your conceptual design. Upon your approval, the terms would be determined and a formal contract would be finalized outlining the terms.Your concept design is further refined at this time and your detailed blueprint is finalized and approved by you. If your home site is located in an established neighbourhood, a city development permit would be required prior to obtaining a building permit. If it is in a new subdivision it would be submitted to the respective developer for approval.Your home construction has started now
- Any nicks, scratches or gouges left in the wall from the finishing stage are addressed by the drywaller. Holes and scratches are filled.
- Patches are sanded the next day.
- Installation – Carpet and linoleum or tile are installed.
Second stage- Two coats of paint are applied to the walls.
- Wall casings, baseboards and the fireplace are painted.
- Baseboards are installed after being painted.
- Hardware such as doorknobs, closet handles and towel holders are installed.
- Appliances are delivered and installed.
- Lighting fixtures; bathroom mirrors and bathroom fixtures; glass shower doors and closet shelves, and the furnace are installed.
- Interior cleaning of the home is completed.
- Rough grading of the front and back yards, using loam from the area developer.
Welcome to your ULTIMATE DESTINATIONAt DaVinci Homes, we stand behind our product. Even with our solid commitment to quality, new homes sometimes require warranty service in the first year after possession. That’s why we’re equally committed to service. We offer an extensive one-year Builder’s Warranty and five years structural protection through the Alberta New Home Warranty program. For more information about the Alberta New Home Warranty program, please visit: www.anhwp.com
- The parging, a coat of cement mortar applied to the exposed portion of concrete walls, such as basement walls, is completed.
We take service personally. Your home is inspected at the time of possession, during the detailed walk-through. Any issues at that time are recorded and quickly addressed. Further, all our homes are inspected on a four, eight, and twelve month schedule after possession.
For your convenience, click here to fill in service form. To contact us with a service query or issue, simply fill out the form detailing your situation, and e-mail the information.